* 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
* 1/3 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 egg whites
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 5 slices white bread, cubed
* Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple and juice aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in egg whites. Stir in flour, then reserved pineapple and juice. Gently fold in bread cubes.
* Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
~~Light & Tasty April/May 2006~~