* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 4 eggs
* 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
* 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
* In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
* Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
* Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Split puffs; remove soft dough from inside with a fork. Prepare pudding according to package directions for pie; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into cream puffs.
Yield: about 2 dozen.
~~Country Woman March/April 1999~~