* 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons finely crushed Rye Triscuits or other crackers
* 1 tablespoon rye or all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
* 5 green onions, chopped
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
* 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) deli corned beef, cut into 2-inch strips
* 1/2 cup sauerkraut, well drained
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup half-and-half cream
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
* Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; set aside. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust. Top with corned beef, sauerkraut and remaining cheese. Beat the eggs, cream, flour, mustard, salt and reserve onion mixture; pour over cheese.
* Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 6 servings.
~~Simple & Delicious March/April 2010~~