* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
* 2 tablespoons grated red onion
* 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 pound thinly sliced seedless rye bread
* Fresh dill springs, optional
* In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the corned beef, onion, dill and salt. Using a 2-in. shamrock cookie cutter, cut out two shamrocks from each slice of bread.
* Spread 1-2 tablespoonfuls of filling on the bottoms of half of the shamrocks; top with remaining shamrocks. Garnish with dill if desired.
Yield: about 16 sandwiches.
~~Quick Cooking March/April 1999~~