* 1/2 cup butter, cubed
* 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
* 1/2 cup milk
* 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
* 1/2 cup flaked coconut
* 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
* 2 cups milk chocolate chips
* 2 teaspoons shortening
* In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in pudding mixes until blended. Whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
* Divide pudding mixture between two bowls. To the first bowl, add walnuts and maple flavoring; mix well. To the second bowl, add coconut and coconut extract; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Form tablespoonfuls of pudding mixture into egg shapes. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
* In a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate. Place on waxed paper until set. Decorate as desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 4 dozen.
Note: We usually freeze the filling, it's easier to work with. Washing your hands every few minutes helps, as does greasing your hands a little before handling the filling.
Nutrition Facts: 1 each equals 119 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
~~Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005~~