* 2/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
* 1/3 cup chopped green onions
* 2 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
* Cook pasta according to package directions, adding onions during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth; stir in pimientos. Drain pasta; add to cream cheese mixture and toss to coat.
Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free cream cheese and fat-free milk) equals 284 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
~~Simple & Delicious March/April 2006~~