* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 celery rib, chopped
* 2 small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 2-3/4 cups water
* 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/4 cup cold water
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 3 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
* 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked lean ham
* 8 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
* In a large nonstick saucepan coated with a cooking spray, cook onion and celery over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
* Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in condensed soup until blended.
* Reduce heat; add vegetables and ham. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese until melted.
Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 115 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
~~Healthy Cooking February/March 2009~~