* 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
* 6 tablespoons butter, melted
* 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
* 1/2 cup strawberry jelly
* 1 cup whipped topping
* Sliced fresh strawberries and additional blueberries, optional
* Place one phyllo sheet in a greased 9-in. pie plate; brush with butter. Repeat seven times; trim edges. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
* Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (center will puff up). Cool on a wire rack.
* For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into crust.
* Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cover edges with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake 23-27 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled.
* In a small bowl, beat jelly until smooth; spread over filling. Spread with whipped topping. Garnish with strawberries and additional blueberries if desired.
Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
~~Taste of Home August/September 2008~~