* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
* 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup milk
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* Whipped cream cheese, optional
* In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in blueberries and orange peel. In another bowl, beat eggs; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with cream cheese if desired.
Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 154 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
~~Taste of Home August/September 1997~~