* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup cold butter
* 1 tablespoon vinegar
* 2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add vinegar, tossing with a fork to moisten. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
* For filling, place 1 pint of blueberries over crust. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over blueberries. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
* Bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven; arrange and press remaining berries in a single layer over top. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 283 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
~~Country Woman July/August 1996~~