* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* Additional confectioners' sugar
* In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and confectioners' sugar. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
* For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over the crust. Bake 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
~~Reminisce May/June 1996~~