* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups sugar
* 3 eggs
* 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
* 3 tablespoons butter, softened
* 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
* In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick).
* Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* For frosting, cream butter and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes.
Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
~~Taste of Home August/September 1997~~