* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup finely chopped pecans
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
* 1-1/2 cups cold milk
* 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
* 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
* 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
* In a bowl combine flour, pecans and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
* In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in half of the whipped topping; spread over crust. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
* Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries to resemble a flag. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 335 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
~~Country Woman July/August 1995~~