* 5 small yellow summer squash, seeded and cubed
* 2 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
* In a large saucepan, saute squash and onions in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
* Cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender; return all to the pan. Stir in cream and heat through.
Yield: 6 servings.
~~Quick Cooking July/August 1999~~