- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat gelatin; stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream, vanilla and gelatin mixture until smooth. Pour into crust.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe a circle of chocolate in center of cheesecake. Pipe evenly spaced thin concentric circles about 1/2 in. apart over filling. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a toothpick through circles toward outer edge. Wipe toothpick clean. Repeat to complete web pattern. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
~~Quick Cooking, September/October 2003~~