- 1 (18.25-oz.) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk Click to see savings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Winter White Glaze (See Below)
- Garnishes: red cinnamon candies, fresh bay leaves*
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured (12-cup) muffin pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 to 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 3. Arrange cakes upside down on a serving platter. Spoon Winter White Glaze over cakes (about 1 Tbsp. per cake), spreading with a spatula to thoroughly cover cakes. Garnish, if desired.
- *Fresh mint leaves may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix.
Note: During testing, we found that muffin cups ranged from 2 1/2 to 3 oz. each. The size you have will determine your yield.
Winter White Glaze:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon meringue powder
- 1/4 cup hot water