Searching for a favorite ingredient? Looking for a special recipe?

Monday, December 31, 2012

♥ Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad ♥

I love this recipe and stumbled across it on Pinterest. I just had to share it here! It sounds strange if you've never eaten it, but it really is good! :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels 
  • 3/4 cup butter melted
  • 3 Tbsp. sugar
  • 16 oz. cream cheese softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 16 oz. cool whip thawed to room temperature
  • 1 (6 oz) box Strawberry Jello
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 3 cups strawberries sliced
Instructions:
  1. Combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in the crushed pretzels. Press evenly on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and cool whip. Beat until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Make sure to get the cream mixture tight against the edges of the pan to prevent the jello mixture from seeping through.
  3. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from stove and add jello. Stir until Jello is dissolved. Add sliced strawberries. Pour over cream layer and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
~~from the website chef-in-training.com~~

3 comments:

Bernideen said...

This is wonderful - this morning I wrote a note to bring home a bag of pretzels from my store because I want to try a recipe for raspberry congealed salad I had gotten from the Gooseberry Patch Fall Cookbook but never tried yet. I am printing yours out as well as it looks wonderful!

janice15 said...

This really looks good..can't wait to give it a try.. I love pretzels and strawberries.. with love Janice

Bernideen said...

Hi Sheri:

I made this recipe yesterday for my store Valentine Friendship Tea today and I have a link here to this post from mine!

Thank you!