~~Recipe from BettyCrocker.com~~
Nothing beats a homemade pecan pie at the holidays! I haven't made one in years, but this might just be the year for another one.
- 1/2 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until butter stops foaming and browned bits form at bottom of pan. Stir in sugar and corn syrup. Cook over low heat 15 to 18 minutes, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Cool 1 hour. Add vanilla bean paste, salt and eggs; beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- 2 Heat oven to 325°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. Pour filling into crust-lined plate. Arrange pecan halves in concentric circles on top of filling. With fork, gently press pecans into filling to glaze, keeping pecans in circular pattern.
- 3 Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cover crust edge with strips of foil after 40 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely on cooling rack, 3 to 4 hours, before slicing.
- Makes 1 pie.