- 1 8-ounce package of brownie mix or 1-2/3 cup brownie mix
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 21-ounce can Cherry Pie Filling
- COOL WHIP whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brownie mix, one egg and oil until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until brownie is just set. (will not be completely done at this point)
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well combined and smooth. Add in the remaining 3 eggs on low speed and set the mixture aside.
- Carefully spoon 1/2 can (1 cup) of pie filling into the center of brownie, leave a 2-inch brownie border along sides of pan.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture over surface; carefully spread to edges of pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is set, but jiggles when the pan is lightly tapped.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Top cheesecake with remaining cherry pie filling. Garnish with COOL WHIP and chocolate syrup. if desired.