- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 6 ounces strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups water, boiled
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the crushed pretzels, melted butter, sugar, and 1/4 cup crushed pecans. Press into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Make gelatin by boiling 1 1/2 cups water and pouring into a small mixing bowl. Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add one cup of ice cubes and mix until ice is melted. Stir in chopped strawberries. Place in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until partially set.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until fluffy. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the whipped cream mixture evenly over the cooled pretzel crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup crushed pecans.
- Spread the partially set strawberry gelatin over the top of the whipped cream mixture. Cover and place in the refrigerator to set for approximately 1 hour or until set.
- Garnish with whipped topping, pecans, and sliced strawberries (optional).
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup corn syrup (light)
- 1 teaspoon butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- *see notes below*
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet with butter, or line with parchment paper.
- Mix the sugar and corn syrup in a bowl and microwave for 4 minutes
- Carefully remove & stir in the pecans, microwave 4 minutes
- Stir in butter and vanilla, microwave 1 minute
- Stir in baking soda until foamy and pour on greased rimmed pan.
- Allow to cool on a rack.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Use a good sized bowl to allow expansion as ingredients cook. Mixture coming from microwave will be EXTREMELY HOT use caution when handing.