- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box (for cakelike brownies)
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Make brownie batter as directed on brownie mix box for cakelike brownies. Spread batter in pan. Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Remove brownies from oven. Carefully spoon and spread filling evenly over brownies. Bake 15 minutes longer (filling will not brown). Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon oil on High 30 to 40 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds, until chips are melted. Spoon into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small tip from corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over filling. For bars, cut 8 rows by 6 rows.