|Recipe & photo from: amandascookin.com|
Chilling Time: 3 hr
Cooking Time: 12 hr
- Peel and chop apples and place them in the slow cooker.
- Pour honey over the apples and toss to coat.
- Combine the spices and brown sugar and toss with apples and honey in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hours (overnight works great).
- Stir in the vanilla extract and cook an additional 2 hours with the lid off.
- If you prefer your apple butter thick, keep cooking to reduce the liquid a bit.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let the apples cool for a few hours. Ladle the cooked apple mixture into the bowl of a food processor (an immersion blender or regular blender works). Process for 2 to 3 minutes or until very smooth.
- Pour into jars, add lids and store in the refrigerator for up to two week. Jars can also be frozen, just be sure to leave enough head space in the jar to allow for expansion.
~~from: amandascookin.com ~~